#3 Story - I Volunteered

I Volunteered - Organized by Revolution Flame in collaboration with GURU TEES. 
This evening while I was going to mosque after Iftaari, I noticed a boy standing beside his mother near the mosque. The boy was looking at his mother at intervals. He seemed confused. After offering the prayer, as I was going out of the mosque, I saw the same boy at the threshold of mosque with his mother behind him, covering her face. 

The boy was saying that his father had died and he had to pay the rent of house. I could see he was feeling embarrassed and he tried to suppress the tears in his eyes. I had been saving my pocket money for the last few days and luckily, I had that money at the moment. So while going out of the mosque, I slipped the entire amount (which I never counted) in the boy’s hands. 

I know it wasn’t something big, but in the end, I am happy that I volunteered…


Submitted By: Anonymous
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review. We would love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back again, because we do make every effort to reply to your feedback here.