#2 Story - I Volunteered

I Volunteered - Organized by Revolution Flame in collaboration with GURU TEES.
Peeking through the window, I used to wonder about dozens of ambitions I coveted for. The dreams that, consequently, would satisfy my own self-esteem, my own desires, my needs, my wants. One of those prestigious dreams, however, was social work.

I started working on the dream as soon as I got the chance. A friend referred me to a fine NGO that attracted my attention by its brilliant projects concerning social work.

There came the day when I practically had to visit those misery-stricken places. I was excited. But, within a spur of moment, that all vanished, glancing the van eyes of illiterates, speaking just nothing of, too Sisyphean too lasting. The widows sitting in the dark corners of hope in the chiaroscuro of cold sympathy. Not them, but I was left, alone in the utopia.

In the end, I realized, it wasn't me but them who mattered. It were their smiles that counted rather my satisfaction. Momentarily perhaps, but the happiness brought to them by a mere attempt worth millions.
Submitted By: Asra Ahmed
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review. We would love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back again, because we do make every effort to reply to your feedback here.