My Army Brother




There are times when words are said
That seem to be of ill intent
Yet no matter what I say
You will always hear the same thing
That I despise everything about you
Yet in my heart this is far from true
Though I hate what you say and do
You are always a part of who I am
You are my Army Brother
The one who made a choice
To stand up for what you love
And give others a chance and a voice
I love you with all my heart
Yet with the words that are said
That makes it hard
You make me cry and our mother too
But, Big Brother,
My heart belongs to you

Author: Terilynn Hayes



Laibah Khalid
College of Home Economics, University of Peshawar

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review. We would love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back again, because we do make every effort to reply to your feedback here.